This virtual delivery of the Mental Health First Aid course is facilitated by Professor Melissa Taaffe and available for direct purchase from the Shield Institute for Emergency Training. Please join us for a great day of interactive activities aimed at developing hands-on skills and approaches to assist people in need. This course will take place in a Google Classroom and no prior experience using an online classroom is necessary.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Successful participants will achieve a Mental Health First Aid certificate from the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
$195.00 – Shield Institute for Emergency Training. (We accept all major credit cards).